Sunday, July 13, 2008

Within Temptation, 2008-07-11 - Optimus Alive, Lisbon

Optimus Alive - July the 11th, 2008

My first Optimus Alive festival.

Went to this festival only to see one of my favourite bands ever "Within Temptation". They are a dutch metal band that I love. The members of the band are so nice with the fans, believe me. I already talked to almost all members of the band (except Robert) and have photos also with the band (except Robert) this was in March 2007 at Paradise Garage here in Lisbon.

I saw 4 bands. 3 before the main event.

"Fri, July 11, 2008 in Lisbon, Portugal @ Passeio Marítimo de Algés"

Kumpania Algazarra was the first band playing. They played for 79 minutes.

John Butler Trio was the 2nd band playing. They played for 104 minutes. I love them. It was the first time I hear them and they were really awsome. I think is folk, or blues what they play.

Bob Dylan was the 3rd singer playing. He played for 106 minutes. First time I saw Bob Dylan. He is really old. He didn't talk to the fans while on stage. But all the great songs where there.

Finally was almost time of Within Temptation. They played for 58 minutes.

I will write here the setlist:

INTRO + JILLIAN
THE HOWLING
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
STAND MY GROUND
THE HEART OF EVERYTHING
OUR SOLEMN HOUR
ANGELS
HAND OF SORROW
MOTHER EARTH
MEMORIES
ICE QUEEN


Here are some videos I made of Within Temptation in Lisbon (hope you will love them):

Within Temptation-Intro + Jillian, Lisbon, PT, 2008-07-11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk90a88328s
And the video:


Within Temptation-Our Solemn Hour, Lisbon, PT, 2008-07-11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ3KTqbRb0c
And the video:


After the show in Optimus Alive I went home to sleep after 2 amazing and tired festival days.

I hope you like the videos.

Next post is from the festival Lisbon Calling where I saw Meatloaf, The B-52s, The Stranglers and Marillion.
My story of that show will be on the next post.

No comments: